Verification points of USB Type-C interface display
General display verification includes functional testing, optical testing, audio and image quality testing, electrical testing, institutional testing, reliability testing (environmental testing), EMI/Safety testing and other test modules.Type-C interfaceAccording to the characteristics of USB Type-C, each test module needs to add corresponding test items to ensure the function of USB Type-C. The verification points are described as follows:
1. Preparation before the test
1. Clarify Type-C interface specifications
According to the product specifications, the specifications supported by the USB Type-C are clarified. Generally, the Type-C interface must meet the USB 2.0/3.0/3.1 specifications and the USB Type-C specifications. For the display, the specification of the alternative mode should also be clarified and it should meet the PD's specification (if supported).
2. Identify the USB Type-C IC manufacturers and solutions used by the display to prepare corresponding test aids
The test auxiliary fixture is used to convert the signal generator signal and USB signal into USB Type-C signal as a signal source, and can set different voltage and current according to PD specifications for electrical testing to meet the current USB Type-C signal The problem of shortage of sources. However, due to the poor compatibility of different USB Type-C IC manufacturers, it is necessary to understand the design scheme and IC manufacturers to design different test fixtures.
3. Identify the USB Type-C cable used in the test
4. Test equipment preparation
1) High bandwidth oscilloscope and test fixture.
2) Compatibility equipment preparation, you need to purchase different USB Type-C devices on the market for compatibility testing to ensure compatibility.
3) Choose wires of different lengths from different well-known manufacturers for verification. The lengths are generally 1 meter, 1.5 meters and 1.8 meters to ensure product compatibility.
4) Preparation of fixtures and jigs used for institutional testing.
- Analysis on the function allocation of TYPE-C pins
- Will the waterproof TYPE-C completely replace the traditional headphone jack?
- Definition of USB Type-C interface
- TYPE-C patch function introduction
- Packaging process of common TYPE-C female seat
- TYPE-C interface specification requires auspicious solution
- Step by step at the 2020 Shenzhen Munich Electronics Show
- Application analysis of Bubujing TYPE-C patch in the automotive field
- Features and application of TYPE-C waterproof female seat
- Type-C testing process
- USB Type-C interface display characteristics