Explanation of TYPE-C patch welding process
inTYPE-C patchDuring the manufacturing process, the copper terminals need to be connected by welding. The quality of the connection directly affects the quality of the C-type USB interface, so connector manufacturers attach great importance to the improvement of the welding process. Brazing technology is currently a more reliable method for processing TYPE-C patches, and the development of this welding process has experienced a lot of difficulties. Let's learn more about it below.
When using traditional brazing technology to process TYPE-C patches, flux must be used. After soldering, the flux will remain on the copper sheet and it is difficult to clean. Residual flux will not only cause the insulation resistance of the C-type USB interface to fail, but also cause certain pollution to the environment. The European Union issued relevant regulations in 2006, stating that electronic power products cannot contain six hazardous substances such as lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, PBB and PBDE. These regulations subsequently became the mainstream international standards. Therefore, the above-mentioned harmful substances cannot be contained in the production of TYPE-C patches. Traditional brazing technology will not be able to meet the international production requirements, and further improvements must be made in the brazing process.
TYPE-C chip manufacturers combine brazing technology with ultrasonic vibration, which can effectively solve the problem of residues. The reason why traditional brazing uses flux is to solve the problem that the oxide film on the surface of the copper sheet is difficult to weld. As long as a method is found to replace the flux to solve the oxide film, the quality of TYPE-C patch welding can be improved. Ultrasonic vibration refers to the cavitation effect generated by high-frequency vibration acting on the liquid material, thereby generating greater energy. Ultrasonic vibration in the soldering process can produce a cavitation effect in the molten solder, effectively remove the oxide film on the surface of the solder and the base metal, thereby improving the reliability of the soldering process and the solder joint of the lead-free solder.
- Analysis on the function allocation of TYPE-C pins
- Will the waterproof TYPE-C completely replace the traditional headphone jack?
- Definition of USB Type-C interface
- TYPE-C patch function introduction
- Packaging process of common TYPE-C female seat
- TYPE-C interface specification requires auspicious solution
- Step by step at the 2020 Shenzhen Munich Electronics Show
- Application analysis of Bubujing TYPE-C patch in the automotive field
- Features and application of TYPE-C waterproof female seat
- Type-C testing process
- TYPE-C waterproof female seat waterproof detection method
- Explanation of the process of USB TYPE-C female data communication
- Talking about the characteristics of USB Type-C interface
- Analysis on the four characteristics of waterproof TYPE-C
- Description of TDR impedance of TYPE-C connector
- Description of two waterproof Type-C alternative modes
- The significance of using Type-C in notebooks
- The reason why headphones rarely use TYPE-C interface
- How to optimize the pins and conductive contacts of TYPE-C connectors
- Study the necessity of TYPE-C waterproof female seat