Type-C testing process
Type-CThrough CC detection, the configuration steps between DFP and UFP are as follows: detect effective connection → establish power supply mode → configure alternate mode.During the connection process, first determine whether the connection is established by CC1 or CC2 to determine the direction of the positive and negative insertion, and use the USB-PDBMC code signal communication to control the internal switch of the device to normally configure the data transmission and signal correspondence to realize the load The function configuration. When one of the CC lines is used as the Type-C interface configuration signal, the other signal is used as the power supply for the cable E-Marker chip.
Type-C detection principle:The two CC wires CC1 and CC2, most USB wires (cables without chips) have only one CC wire DFPIt can be judged whether the device has been inserted according to the voltage on the two CC wires. Judge the direction by judging which CC line has a pull-down resistor.If the CC1 pin detects a valid Rp/Rd connection (corresponding voltage), it is considered that the cable connection has not been reversed.If the CC2 pin detects a valid Rp/Rd connection (corresponding voltage), it is considered that the cable connection has been reversed.Note that SSTX/RX channels are exchanged during work, while D+/D-does not need to be exchanged because it is a low-speed signal.
The connection diagram of the CC line is as follows:
Note: The Pull-up terminal in the figure above can be replaced by a current source.
There are three resistors Rp, Rd, Ra in the above figure. The connection of these three different resistors on the CC line can be used to determine whether it is DFP, UFP, Power, Debug or Audio auxiliary equipment and the connection direction.
From DFP's perspective, the following table lists all possible connection states:
- Analysis on the function allocation of TYPE-C pins
- Will the waterproof TYPE-C completely replace the traditional headphone jack?
- Definition of USB Type-C interface
- TYPE-C patch function introduction
- Packaging process of common TYPE-C female seat
- TYPE-C interface specification requires auspicious solution
- Step by step at the 2020 Shenzhen Munich Electronics Show
- Application analysis of Bubujing TYPE-C patch in the automotive field
- Features and application of TYPE-C waterproof female seat
- Description of TYPE-C patch overvoltage protection design
- Explanation of waterproof TYPE-C physical layer test method
- Why the TYPE-C waterproof female seat has a longer service life
- Explanation of TYPE-C patch power supply specification
- Explanation of the workflow of TYPE-C female seat
- Explanation of TYPE-C patch welding process
- TYPE-C waterproof female seat waterproof detection method
- Explanation of the process of USB TYPE-C female data communication
- Talking about the characteristics of USB Type-C interface
- Analysis on the four characteristics of waterproof TYPE-C